What is ISO 9001?
ISO or "International Standards Organisation" is a world-wide federation of national standards organisations.
The ISO 9000 series standards cover quality management. The first publication was in 1987.
The current version - ISO 9001 version 2008- is based on the following principles :
- Customer orientation
- Management commitment
- Staff involvement
- Process-based approach
- Continuous improvement.
The Ports of the French Riviera Chamber of Commerce and ISO 9001
The aim of the Quality System is to better serve the client, by reinforcing values such as dynamism, professionalism and rigour. The Riviera Ports Authority certification process may be divided into several stages:
- 2000: ISO 9001 certification of the port of Nice - Villefranche Santé and the Port of Cannes
- 2002: ISO 9001 certification of the Ports of Golfe-Juan and of Villefranche Darse
- 2003: ISO 9001 certification of the Ports of Nice - Villefranche Santé and Cannes, as well as the ‘Lunel team’ (management team)
- 2011: Consolidation of the ISO 9001 certificates into one single certification for the ports: View the certificate
The Quality Management System certified to ISO 9001 by AFNOR Certification covers the following areas:
Port of Cannes
- Boating and yachting: reception of boats with berthing contracts and visiting boats, supply of additional services
- Boatyard: handling and placement des boats in the boatyard area, supply of services
- Cruise ships : reception of visiting vessels, supply of additional services
- Parking: management of the Pantiero Carpark.
Port of Golfe-Juan
- Reception and berthing of pleasure boats & yachts
Port of Nice - Villefranche Santé
- Cruise ships
- Boating / Yachting
Lunel Team (Riviera Ports Authority)
- Project management of works
- Management of state conventions
- Coordination of purchasing
- Management of the Riviera Ports website.
Further information about quality
European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM): www.efqm.org
Official ISO website: www.iso.ch
AFNOR Certification : www.afnor.org